Yoga is the perfect antidote for the modern world
Yoga combines mind, energy and body. There is a magical quality that makes yoga different from western workouts; yoga gives you true fitness and brings inner-strength, clarity and calm.
Yoga is for everyone: men, women, kids, teens, through to seniors, mothers-to-be and new mums. Taking your first step onto the yoga mat is an exciting new beginning. Whichever style or class you go with, we believe that the only way to start yoga is with the highest standard of teacher in the best environment. Building a solid foundation is the most important part of your yoga practice.
History of yoga
At least 4,000 years ago (possibly much longer), the early yogis in Northern India drew on their deep experiences and formulated practices for man to achieve and maintain a state of balanced existence.
A unique type of exercise
Every time you step on to your yoga mat, you connect to and become part of an evolving and powerful, ancient tradition. Yoga is the ultimate exercise and method of self improvement.
Benefits of yoga
Yoga offers a myriad of benefits physically, mentally and emotionally to help us live our lives to the fullest.
Health maintenance + illness prevention
• decreases blood pressure
• lowers the pulse rate
• massages all the internal glands and organs of the body in a thorough manner which prevents disease
• improves circulation by gently stretching muscles and joints and massaging the various organs
• transports nutrients and oxygen throughout the body
• flushes out toxins from the system
Weight reduction + muscle toning
• strengthens and tones the core
• increases muscle definition throughout the body
• stimulates flaccid, weak or lazy muscles to shed excess flab
• increases metabolism so fat is converted to muscle and energy
Mental + emotional benefits
• reduces level of stress hormone, cortisol
• strengthens nervous system, reducing long-term stress levels
• increases neurotransmitter dopamine, which lifts the mood to create a feeling of happiness and harmony
• gives the opportunity for introspection and inner-awareness