The early months of new motherhood can be joyous and blissful. They can also be physically and emotionally taxing, lonely and overwhelming.
Its so important that new mothers feel:
- Held and heard
- Supported emotionally
- Know they are not alone
- Understand the changes they are going through are normal
- Soften their expectations (on themselves and baby and others)
- Learn simple tools to connect to themselves
- Learn the benefits of sharing their feelings
- Build stable and supportive connections with other mothers
Softening is a 4 week series of Mothers Circles and parenting support for mothers of babies. A nurturing space to feel held and supported in early motherhood while also receiving short introductions to the foundations of conscious parenting; holding space for yourself and your baby, building self compassion for those tough moments and building capacity in your nervous system to be able to listen to tears, move through difficult moments and know the importance of reaching out for support.
Best suited to mothers of babies under 6 months.
When: Thursdays 10.30am – 12pm
Dates: 17th, 24th Feb, 3rd, 10th March
Cost: $150 total for the series of 4 weekly circles
- 1.5 hour circle each week
- Week 1 – Your rite of passage into motherhood, core values
- Week 2 – Your feelings – joy, overwhelm, guilt, shame, worry and anger
- Week 3 – Radical self compassion and self care, self nurturing, anchors
- Week 4 – Listening to tears, why its hard, how to build capacity to listen and hold space for your baby
- Ongoing Mothers Group with true connection based on real feelings
- Connection time after at Centered Ceramics cafe
About the Facilitator: Alita Blanchard, Parent Coach
Alita is a mother of 4 boys (including one in the stars) on the NSW Central Coast. She is a certified Conscious Parent Coach, Women’s Circle and Rites of Passage facilitator and is a trauma informed practitioner.
Alita is passionate about creating a supportive space for mothers to feel heard and seen in the intensity of their motherhood journey. She is trained in aware and conscious parenting, brain science, emotion coaching and nervous system awareness and deeply believes mental wellness starts in the home, with a mother who is supported and well and feels the connection that can come through practising vulnerability.