A chance to focus on and prepare for one of the most important events of your life.
Our workshop is a ‘practice birth’ that begins with the time at the end of your pregnancy and ends after your baby is born. Learn to use simple and effective ‘Birth tools’ to feel prepared and well equipped to create a calm, gentle birth. Prepared with knowledge and a deeper understanding of the birth process, women and their birth partners can approach childbirth with confidence and clarity. Most importantly, our workshop is a celebration of birth and helps couples feel empowered and connected.
‘I give women a positive attitude towards childbirth. Culturally we see birth as something to fear and dread but we should be celebrating birth and teaching women how to look forward to the event positively. This preparation helps women remain calm and in control of what is happening and to be clear about what intervention they want, when and if it is needed.’ Helen.
During the workshop we will explore:
- How we can influence and change our birth experience.
- How to create a positive physical and emotional environment.
- The signs and stages of labour.
- Simple, effective pain management.
- Staying calm and relaxed during labour.
- The amazing female pelvis and the power of the uterus.
- Hormones, their role in labour and how to make them work more effectively.
- Navigating the unexpected in a positive way.
- The role of the supportive birthing partner.
- Both your feelings about your birth.
- Celebration of birth!
We finish with a deep relaxation practice. This is a welcome chance to be still and relax together but also helps the mind and body to absorb the birth workshop experience more completely.
‘I encourage women to be open to whatever happens during the birth, to keep the health and safety of themselves and the baby as their priority and to use their intuition, knowledge and yoga to enable them to have a positive birth experience.’ Helen
$295 for private workshop at studio, includes workbook and ongoing support.
These unique workshops last about 3 hours depending on the needs of the individual couple.
For more information and to book call Helen 0431 732 143
Feedback from some of our happy couples